Sunday, November 25, 2018

TODAY'S AUTHOR

TODAY'S AUTHOR at INDIE BOOK SOURCE Jan Domagala http://carternovels.com/author-jan-domagala.html I was born in Staffordshire to a working class family, my father worked down the local mines whilst my mother worked in one of the local Pottery manufacturing factories. At school I discovered the joys of reading. I was a big fan of sci fi books but I would read almost anything I could get my hands on. My mother took me to join the local library as soon as I could read and from that day on, if it had words on it, I’d read it. I wasn’t particularly brilliant at anything at school. I tried my hardest to be average while I held a deep desire to be a comic book illustrator. I even wrote and drew my own comics as I tried to hone a meagre skill. Back then though there were no courses to learn this skill and my careers advisor tried to push me into; engineering, the pit or the armed forces. In the early 70’s there wasn’t much choice where I lived so I ended up in an apprenticeship in screen printing for the ceramic industry. In the early years of my apprenticeship I had the pleasure of a trip on the schooner Captain Scott, a training ship as part of the crew. We sailed around Scotland and even up as far as Stornoway in the Outer Hebrides. As in all jobs, mine has a certain amount of repetition, to relieve that I often lose myself in my mind as I work through a story. I’m still in the same trade after a forty year career but my passion is and has always been writing. After several abortive attempts I started the Col Sec series around seven years ago, It’s an action adventure series set in the twenty fifth century. After a brief four year stint living close to the beautiful Derbyshire Peak District I’ve returned to where I grew up. . Read more at LINK above. Promotion by Carter Novels: http://carternovels.com/indie-author-promotions.html

No comments:

Post a Comment